Art Glass Knotted Necklace, handmade lampwork beads by glass artist Jenelle Aubade.
Absolute Jasmine Necklace Collection - ANTIQUED JASMINE Details ~ Smooth like sea shells, sea-glass, and all good memories, the glass beads in this strand have been antiqued and double etched for a gorgeous matte finish.
I melted Italian turquoise glass into lightly faceted organic shapes, just off from round - like natural pearls maybe, and matched those shapes with disks and a few focal points of interest in creamy Italian ivory and a touch of cobalt blue. Although I kept the surfaces free from the distraction of silver droplets, I used copious amounts of fine silver in the bead surface details, melting it into Ivory glass resulting in sand-like striations. A very few glossy Baja blend petites mingle in the mix to remind the wearer of the extra processing the rest of the beads took, what it takes to get real smooth and aged beautifully!
Size - 24 inch strand, completely knotted. Beads range 6-7mm in size. Metal - yes, fine .999 silver surface design
NECKLACE CARE 🌸 Lay Flat, preferably in a jewelry folder like a pearl necklace. This will keep your necklace pristine. I use hemp instead of cotton knots for a bit stronger hold and less stretching but if you wear your necklace a lot you may want to have it re-strung eventually. Any jeweler that offers pearl necklace repairs can do this for you.
(1) How I make my beads: I create each bead using mostly glass sourced from Italy & Germany over a hot torch flame. I embellish them with enamels, fine silver, 23k gold, and goldstone. They are annealed over night in a digital kiln for longevity, and cleaned and shipped with care.
(2) How I price my beads: I have been creating my line of beads since 2007 and have curated some distinct looks including organic style shapes which are unique and makes the line and each bead ooak. My glass beads range from $10 - $20 per inch of lampwork, with adjustments made for the source glass and detail material prices.
(3) How I make my Necklaces: I spend hours over several days creating the beads for each necklace, beginning with a color pallet in mind and then stretching the design details out during the torching session. Each necklace comes with one or two handmade/sculpted signature beads with my initials to match the design line. J/A. I hand knot each necklace like a string of pearls for longevity and for the grace of the fall line, how it lays while you wear it. The line is completely base metal free for happy health reasons and sustainability.
(4) How I price my Necklaces: My necklaces retail at $15-$25 per inch, taking in to account the bead cost, and then calculating in the time in necklace design/creation/photography and advertising.
(5) Design Line Details: #Healthy #Nature #Inspired #heirloom Art Glass pieces made with the intent of sharing bits of Baja Sunshine with my friends and family across the globe. Besos
Our Collections are always Evolving
Stay in the loop by subscribing to our weekly newsletter!