Island Cafe Art Glass Bracelet, handmade lampwork beads by glass artist Jenelle Aubade. "she was also, clearly, considered an eccentric, dressing always in white ... (given) a nature as passionate as the the name of the flower would indicate that she always wore in her hair." - Island Cafe
Island Cafe Bracelet - roasted coffee and silvered ivory, Italian glasses accented with raku glass from Germany, lightly faceted. *One size fits all (stretch).
(1) How I make my beads: I create each bead using mostly glass sourced from Italy & Germany over a hot torch flame. I embellish them with enamels, fine silver, 23k gold, and goldstone. They are annealed over night in a digital kiln for longevity, and cleaned and shipped with care.
(2) How I price my beads: I have been creating my line of beads since 2007 and have curated some distinct looks including organic style shapes which are unique and makes the line and each bead ooak. My glass beads range from $10 - $20 per inch of lampwork, with adjustments made for the source glass and detail material prices.
(3) How I make my Jewelry: I spend hours over several days creating the beads for each necklace, beginning with a color pallet in mind and then stretching the design details out during the torching session. Each necklace comes with one or two handmade/sculpted signature beads with my initials to match the design line. J/A. I hand knot each necklace like a string of pearls for longevity and for the grace of the fall line, how it lays while you wear it. The line is completely base metal free for happy health reasons and sustainability.
(4) How I price my Jewelry: My necklaces/bracelets retail at $15-$25 per inch, taking in to account the bead cost, and then calculating in the time in necklace design/creation/photography and advertising.
(5) Design Line Details: #Healthy #Nature #Inspired #heirloom Art Glass pieces made with the intent of sharing bits of Baja Sunshine with my friends and family across the globe. Besos